Colorado Springs Utilities (CSU) HEAP Application
The Energy Resource Center works with Colorado Springs Utilities (CSU) to help middle-income families make their homes warmer and more energy efficient through the Home Efficiency Assistance Program (HEAP). The program provides energy and water efficiency improvements and cost savings on monthly utilities bill.
Qualifying for Program Assistance
In order to qualify for a free energy efficiency audit, weatherization, conservation help or reduced-price furnace services through this program, you must:
- Own your home
- Reside in a single family home, town house, condo, or mobile/manufactured home.
- Be a Colorado Springs Utilities (CSU) customer
- Have a gross income between 201 and 250 percent of the federal poverty level.
Customers with a household gross income at or below those shown in the requirements chart below can contact the Energy Resource Center at 719-591-0772 to determine if they are eligible for other programs.
If you meet the gross income thresholds, this is what you will need to submit to ERC with your CSU HEAP Application as proof.
- Income verification from the previous three months for all working household members.
- Identification (Colorado Driver’s License, Colorado I.D., Military I.D. or passport) Note: we cannot accept out of state driver’s license.
- A phone number or email address
- A recent copy of your utility bill
Household Income Requirements – 201% up to 250% poverty level*
Updated February 10, 2016
Gross Monthly Income
Gross Yearly Income
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$2011 up to $2513
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$30,150
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$2708 up to $3383
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$40,600
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$3404 up to $4254
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$51,050
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$4101 up to $5125
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$61,500
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$4798 up to $5996
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$71,950
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$5494 up to $6867
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$82,400
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$6191 up to $7737
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$92,850
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$6888 up to $8608
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$103,300