Colorado Springs Utilities (CSU) HEAP Application
The Energy Resource Center works with Colorado Springs Utilities (CSU) to help middle-income families make their homes warmer and more energy efficient through the Home Efficiency Assistance Program (HEAP). The program provides energy and water efficiency improvements and cost savings on monthly utilities bill.
Qualifying for Program Assistance
In order to qualify for a free energy efficiency audit, weatherization, conservation help or reduced-price furnace services through this program, you must:
- Own your home
- Reside in a single family home, town house, condo, or mobile/manufactured home.
- Be a Colorado Springs Utilities (CSU) customer
- Have a gross income between 201 and 250 percent of the federal poverty level.
Customers with a household gross income at or below those shown in the requirements chart below can contact the Energy Resource Center at 719-591-0772 to determine if they are eligible for other programs.
If you meet the gross income thresholds, this is what you will need to submit to ERC with your CSU HEAP Application as proof.
- Income verification from the previous three months for all working household members.
- Identification (Colorado Driver’s License, Colorado I.D., Military I.D. or passport) Note: we cannot accept out of state driver’s license.
- A phone number or email address
- A recent copy of your utility bill
2018 Household Income Requirements
201% up to 250% medium income poverty level
Monthly Max. Gross Income
Gross Yearly Income
MONTHLY MAX. GROSS INCOME $2,024 up to $2,529
GROSS YEARLY INCOME $30,350
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$2,744 up to $3,429
GROSS YEARLY INCOM$41,150
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$3,464 up to $4,329
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$51,950
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$4,184 up to $5,229
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$62,750
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$4,904 up to $6,129
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$73,550
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$5,624 up to $7,029
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$84,350
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$6,344 up to $7,929
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$95,150
GROSS MONTHLY INCOME$7,064 up to $8,829
GROSS YEARLY INCOME$105,950