How ERC Helps
Efficient Homes for Better Lives.
As a non-profit construction company, ERC provides FREE energy efficiency improvements for income-qualified residents of Colorado. Work completed has multiple benefits:
Saves money on energy costs for clients so they can afford other necessities such as food and medication.
Cuts energy waste, reducing the demand on energy production. This protects residents from pollution and preserves the environment.
Assists with affordable housing crisis in Colorado.
Creates a safe and healthy environment for vulnerable individuals and families.
Energy saving measures completed on most homes serviced.
- Thorough Energy Assessment performed
- Use of blower doors, infrared cameras, sniffers (gas/CO), visual tools, measurements and analysis software
- Post audit, certified technicians complete the following:
- Air sealing
- HVAC upgrades
Services provided for:
- Mobile homes
- Modular homes
- Site built homes (single family, townhomes/condos, apartments)
Simple items are often overlooked. Additional measures assessed:
- Programmable thermostats
- Fixing broken/leaky doors and windows
- Replacing furnace and refrigerator
- Aerators on faucets
- Low-flow shower heads
- These simple repairs save instant money and energy on a home
Income-qualified families spend anywhere from 17% to more than 50% of their income for household energy while other households spend 4% on average.
of the homes in the U.S. today were built before 1970.
These homes lack adequate insulation and have old appliances.
Colorado residents from all ages and backgrounds served.
of clients are seniors.
of housing stock is considered in very poor condition.
Approximate homes completed each year from four offices.
ERC saves an average of 25% on utility bills for the homes and families served.
ERC Service Areas
We proudly serve 27 Colorado counties, with offices in:
- Pikes Peak Region
- Denver Metro
- San Luis Valley
- Northern Colorado