How ERC Helps
Keeping Families Safe and Warm
ERC provides weatherization services at No Charge for income-qualified individuals and families.
ERC is invested in the work and the people we are helping to improve the lives of, while creating a more energy efficient way of life.
We help reduce the energy burden for vulnerable families. We do not pay utility bills –we help to lower them.
We do deep retrofits on nearly all homes we touch.
- Starts with thorough Energy Assessment in all parts of the home.
- We ues: blower doors, infrared cameras, sniffers (gas/CO), visual tools,measurements, and analysis software
- After audit, an experienced team of certified technicians is sent to the home to make upgrades:
- Air sealing
ERC provides services for:
- Mobile homes
- Modular homes
- Site buildings (houses, town homes/condos, apartments)
The simple things are sometimes overlooked, we look into them and assess the little problems too.
- Programmable thermostats
- Fixing broken/leaky windows and doors
- Replacing furnace and fridge
- Aerators on faucets
- Low-flow shower heads
- These simple fixes can save energy and money instantly for thehome,until we can come in and do a deep retrofit.
Low-income families spend anywhere from 17% to more than 50% of their income for household energy while other households spend 4% on average.
of the homes in the U.S. today were built before 1970
These homes lack adequate insulation, have old appliances, and 2 million pre-1976 manufactured homes remain using 2Xs as much on energy per sq. foot.
We serve single parents, people with disabilities, anyone who needs our help, we are there for you.
of our clients are seniors
of housing stock, very poor conditions, spend 2x the money on energy
homes completed this last year between all 3 offices
ERC saves an average of 25% on utility bills for the homes and families we serve.